Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I put a dress on my dishwasher

And it's oh so cute!


It started out as a valance for my kitchen window until I realized I made it way too small and it would offer me zero privacy (I turn heads in my bathrobe). So it sat in a drawer in my craft room. 

The valance I wound up using for the window was mounted on the same kind of magnetic curtain rod so when I'd take it off to let light in, I'd stick it on the fridge. It looked kinda cute there but every night I'd yank it off and put it back. Then I remembered this cute little scrap of a curtain I'd made way back when and wondered if it would look dorky on my dishwasher. And it didn't!

I've been loving the process of decorating my kitchen especially since I can coordinate all of the fabrics I've been using to make stuff. It's been a homemakers dream :) And since this is one if the few bare spaces I have left I figured it could use a makeover. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment